Respite Care of Charleston relies on caring individuals and corporate members of our community to help. The respite program fees cover just 42 percent of our operating fees; the remaining 58% of the operating budget must be raised through generous donations and fundraising efforts. Approximately 20 percent of our active participants attend respite programs on a reduced rate or at no cost to the family. Please consider making an online donation today to support the long-term growth and development of Respite Care of Charleston.

Because of your commitment, we are able to engage in future planning to better meet the increasing needs of families in Charleston County. We always gladly accept general donations – however,  you can also make a donation in memorial or honor of a friend or loved one. Simply designate your gift during the donation process. Donations made by Friends of the RCC are tax-deductible.

You can donate to Respite Care Charleston by mail or online.  Please mail your donation checks to our office located at 405 King Street, Charleston, SC 29403.  To donate online, please click on the donate button below.

Respite Care Charleston is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, tax id number 45-1535756.

 

Donate Online

 

WHY YOUR DONATIONS ARE IMPORTANT

Respite Care Charleston provides valuable services to residents of Charleston county with Alzheimer’s and related dementia, as well as to their care partners. Of the programs and support services we provide, only one — the respite day program — generates revenue. The trained professionals who make up the Respite Care Charleston Staff Team have decades of practical experience and knowledge and they provide over 55 hours each month of support and education  groups and  individual care counseling for caregivers and others dealing with Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.  The caregiver support, counseling, and community education that we provide to individuals, organizations and groups is free.

We never turn individuals with dementia or their partners in care away due to inability to pay. We encourage those enrolled in our programs to apply for financial support upon enrollment. Your donations are vital in helping to support scholarships and grants for respite care.

 

HOW YOU CAN HELP

  • _mg_6857 copy$20 provides a family style meal for the respite program participants and volunteers.
  • $40 provides one hour of individual care counseling for families dealing with dementia.
  • $60 provides provides one professionally led support group for care partners.
  • $75  provides one “Caregiver GO”  manual to a care partner.
  • $80 provides one day of care for one participant with Alzheimer’s disease.
  • $100
  • $250 provides one Early Stage Support Group day.
  • $400 provides one week of respite care for an individual with dementia.
  • $1,000 provides one participant with 12.5 days of care (approximately 3 days of respite per week for a month).
Donate Online